County Executive Rob Astorino announced that at 3 p.m. Nov. 8, 2012 a Hurricane Sandy Recovery Center will open at the County Center, 198 Central Park Ave., White Plains.
Starting Friday (Nov. 9, 2012) The Center will be staffed seven days a week from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. until further notice.
Representatives from Con Edison, FEMA, The Small Business Association and various social service agencies will be there to answer questions and assist residents with restoration services and financial aid applications.
The Department of Health will also be giving out free tetanus shots for anyone involved with the storm clean up.
FEMA advised that all persons applying for assistance at the center should be prepared to provide:
· Social Security number (including your spouse’s if applicable);
· Private insurance information, if available;
· Address and zip code of the damaged property;
· Directions to the damaged home or property;
· Daytime telephone number, and
· An address where you can receive mail.
Astorino says that it is imperative that residents and businesses document their losses with photographs and with receipts from repairs. In addition, those impacted must contact their insurance company to find out what – if anything – is covered.