Where to Donate Halloween Candy

Where to Donate Halloween Candy

Where to Donate Halloween Candy

We hope you had the best Halloween! After your kids counted, traded, and devoured their Halloween candy, you might be wondering what you should do with all of that extra candy.

If you have way too much, check out some places where you can donate candy and give back. One option is to donate a portion of their candy to a local organization who will pass it along to deployed service members and veterans. There are also many local businesses that accept Halloween candy so be sure to ask locally as well if your dentist or church is accepting. So, have your kids pick out a few of their favorite pieces and pass along the rest to one of these organizations.

Soldiers’ Angels Treats for Troops

Families can donate excess Halloween candy to Soldiers’ Angels Treats. They will mail it to deployed service members and veterans. You can search via your zip code for a nearby drop-off location. If you can’t find a local business, you can also mail your candy to Soldiers’ Angels Headquarters at Soldiers’ Angels Treats for Troops, 2895 NE Loop 410, Suite 107, San Antonio, Texas, 78218.

Halloween Buy Back

This organization’s goal is to remove excessive candy while supporting the troops. Local businesses host buyback events at their stores where kids can exchange candy for food, goods, or services. Additionally, find a list of local businesses such as dentist offices who “buyback” candy and donate it to the troops. Simply enter you zip code and find a local participating business.

Ronald McDonald House Charities

Find your local Ronald McDonald House chapter and donate your candy to kids who can’t go trick-or-treating due to illness. Some local chapters host in-person events, or request that candy be mailed in.

Operation Shoebox

Operation Shoebox sends a bag of candy, along with every care package they send out. They accept candy donations throughout the year, which can be sent to them at Operation Shoebox, 8360 East Highway 25 Belleview, FL 34420.

Move America Forward

Donate your excessive Halloween candy to Move America Forward. This national effort accepts candy for military care packages. Mail your candy in its original wrapping to “Halloween Candy Buy Back,” Move America Forward. The address is 3105 Fite Circle Suite 108, Sacramento, CA 95827. Additionally, the organization is accepting donations for deployed troops if you’d like to include other items with your candy. This includes toothbrushes, toothpaste, or any other items you’d like to gift the troops.

Other Halloween Candy Donation Options

You can also contact local charities, food banks, firefighters, soup kitchen, churches, shelters, or nursing homes to see if they take any candy donations.