From brilliant reds to bright yellows, the picturesque Hudson Valley surrounds travelers with a stunning landscape of fall foliage. There’s no better time to take advantage of the rich abundance of nature, cultural, and historic attractions in the area.
You can visit Mohonk Mountain House, a 144-year-old Victorian castle resort just 90 miles north of New York City, situated right at the center of the autumn splendor, and take advantage of a special Leaf Peeper deal while checking out these top ten fall foliage ‘musts’:
Top Ten Ways to See Fabulous Fall Foliage in the Hudson Valley
1. Walkway Over the Hudson - Extending 6,767 feet (or 1.28 miles) the Walkway Over the Hudson is the world's longest pedestrian bridge and a Hudson State Historic Park. The Walkway soars 212 feet above the Hudson River (from Poughkeepsie to Highland) and offers spectacular views of autumn colors for miles along the river.
2. Biking – Mountain or Road - Starting at Mohonk Mountain House, access a network of trails, carriageways, and roads to experience leaf-peeping at its finest.
4. Local Orchards and Farms – From pumpkins to apples, farms offer abundance of opportunities to discover regional produce—as fresh as it gets!
5. The Hudson Valley History Trail - Huguenot Street, Franklin D. Roosevelt Presidential Library and Museum, The Mills Mansion, The Vanderbilt Museum, and much more!
6. The Shawangunk Wine Trail – This scenic trail includes eleven family-owned wineries that follow the tradition of fine winemaking by 18th century French Huguenot settlers.
7. The Hudson Valley Spirit Trail – Hand crafted absinthes, estate-bottled vodkas, and locally-sourced artisanal Rye, bourbon and rum.
8. The Hudson Valley Pottery Trail – Browse through the studio and showrooms of ten nationally recognized potters working in the scenic Hudson River Valley.
9. The Culinary Institute of America – The “CIA”, the world’s premier culinary college, offers five award-winning public restaurants, campus tours, and a bookstore filled with delicious delights.
10. Mohonk Mountain House – A Victorian castle resort and a National Historic Landmark set in the heart of the Hudson Valley that has spectacular leaf-peeping views from every angle.
Fall foliage-seeking guests at Mohonk Mountain House staying under the Leaf Peeper package (October 7-31), will enjoy affordable midweek rates that include three meals, afternoon tea and cookies and most resort activities. Rates start at $233 per person, per night – a savings up to 20 percent, based on double occupancy, Sunday through Thursday nights only, and subject to availability. After being welcomed with a special gift and a list of local “you pick” farms, guests receive a 20 percent savings on select Spa, Greenhouse, and Giftshop items. For reservations, please call 855-274-4020 or visit www.mohonk.com.